When your friend presents an idea about Syracuse football, you initially laugh at it only to realize that it might be fun to do, challenges you, and you like his idea so much that you attempt it:
After a long Twitter exchange with my friend Jeff and my brother from another mother and site bro Neil Adler, I put together a list and sure enough, I could easily find 44 reasons why I think Syracuse football could win the ACC championship.
I know many lost faith after the Rutgers loss but not me. I preached patience and said an 8-9 win season was still possible and I see no reason to back down now. I said let’s see what the next couple of games gave us and Syracuse football won them. So while I am not saying run to WynnBet and wage all of your paycheck, I am simply saying from what I have seen so far this season, I think it’s possible and I believe in the Orange!
Here are 44 reasons why Syracuse football can win the ACC in 2021.
- Sean Tucker deserves number 44, is a possible Heisman contender and a potential future first-round draft pick
- Mikel Jones: Leader of the ‘Cuse defense
- The Loud House
- Taj Harris
- Coach Dino Babers
- 3-3-5 defense is working out really well
- Dome Dogs
- Andre Szmyt
- Garrett Shrader/Tommy DeVito
- Cody Roscoe – Riveting quarterback hunter
- Blue Tusk is closed and we’re sad about it
- Return of the Rhino
- Garrett Williams
- Penalties can be minimized
- Duce Chestnut is young but full of potential
- Kingsley Jonathan
- Clemson is struggling
- FSU is struggling
- Syracuse residents love Charlotte and enough live in the area to fill the stadium
- Josh Black’s lost phone might be in North Carolina by now
- No more games refereed by the same guys who did the Rutgers game
- How freaking funny would it be if SU and Duke played in the ACC championship game after many picked them both to finish last respectively in their divisions?
- Damien Alford
- Improved offensive line play
- As the special teams unit gets experience, they’ll improve
- Wake, Clemson, Pitt and BC are all Dome Field advantage games
- The division champion likely won’t need to go undefeated this season
- Marlowe Wax
- Caleb Okechukwu
- If Luke Benson returns, I think he can play a key role for this team
- The two best chicken places are Bojangles (Charlotte area fast food) and Tully’s (Syracuse area sit down)
- This isn’t last year’s team
- We need a new Orange shirt for our collections
- McKinley Williams
- Dakota Davis is healthier
- Anthony Queeley
- 3.5 games were the over/under for wins in the season…how do you like them apples?
- Playing for a chance to play on prime time TV on ABC
- The drive from Syracuse to Charlotte is simple. Drive I-81 to I-77 and you’re there!
- The German Maximilian Mang
- Courtney Jackson
- In memory of Floyd Little
LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!