Syracuse Basketball: Players to watch and keys to win vs. Bryant Bulldogs
Syracuse basketball (3-2 overall) is back at the JMA Wireless Dome, following their loss to St. John’s in the Empire Classic, as they look to rebound against the Bryant Bulldogs (4-1 overall) at 4 pm eastern time this Saturday.
This Orange team is looking to find another go-to player, besides their top senior star and young freshman, to help them win games.
Here are the top players and keys to the game as Syracuse basketball hosts Bryant.
Players to Watch
- Judah Mintz– This freshman point guard has been making a name for himself here at Syracuse and is looking to be a leader for the Orange to rely on. Mintz’s ability to read the court, find the open man, and attack the basket make him a problem for any opponent to guard. He will be one of the players to keep an eye out for against Bryant.
- Joseph Girard lll– The senior guard for the Orange has been the leader from behind the three-point arc this year, and is looking to keep his eyes locked in from deep. He will need to continue to be locked in from deep, drive to the basket, and make plays for his teammates during this game.
Keys to the Game
- Lock The Zone Down– The Orange’s primary defense, the 2-3 zone, has to slow down the Bryant offense. Syracuse will need to cover the arc, not allow any easy passes to the middle, and cause mistakes that will lead to points for the Orange.
- Hit The Free Throws– The Orange have to make the most of the shots they get from the free throw line. If they are looking to get the win against the Bulldogs, Syracuse has to hit at least 70% of their free throws.
- Attack The Basket– Syracuse has to come out fighting for every rebound, attacking the basket on offense, and making plays off the glass that will result in an easy basket. The Orange need to do this if they plan on stopping the Bulldogs’ offense and attacking the defense head-on.
Syracuse basketball will look to rebound, following the overtime loss to St. John’s in the Empire Classic, as they are back in the dome for this game against the Bryant Bulldogs. Syracuse basketball will pull off a win in front of the hometown fans against the Bulldogs, 72-60.