Every Tuesday, Inside the Loud House will release it’s Big East power rankings. Check back each week to see where teams have risen or fallen each week.
- Louisville: Louisville had a great come from behind victory over Cincinnati last Friday night. The overtime win was absolutely huge for the conference to show what it is made of on a national stage, and continues to keep the Cardinals in the drivers seat for the conference. Syracuse and Rutgers are the Cardinals’ two toughest games remaining, and if they can get through both of those games with a W they very well could run the table for the regular season.
- Rutgers: If Rutgers could pick a day to play their worst game of football this season, this past Saturday would have been their choice. The Scarlet Knights had an embarrassing loss to Kent State in a game where the Scarlet Knights were picked off six times. However, they remain unbeaten in the conference, and one game doesn’t determine the skill or ranking of a team, especially in the non conference. The Scarlet Knights have a bye week before playing another cupcake in the Army Black Knights, but then have three difficult games against Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Louisville. The final three games of the season we will really see what this team is made of.
- Syracuse: The Orange are coming off their biggest comeback in program history, erasing a 20 point halftime deficit to defeat a reeling South Florida Bulls team who just can’t buy a win. The game was absolutely critical for Syracuse however, as it put them right back in the thick of things for a bowl game. Ask Doug Marrone and company however, and they will tell you they are still hunting for a Big East Championship. With one loss in the conference, the Orange Cincinnati and Louisville in the next two weeks, so their path will seem much clearer after those games.
- Cincinnati: The Bearcats had a heartbreaking loss to Louisville last Friday night in a game that they absolutely believe they should have won. The Bearcats led for most of the game until a Munchie Legraux overtime interception led to a Louisville game winning field goal. The Bearcats have now lost two straight, and it doesn’t get any easier as they face Syracuse this weekend at home.
- Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh absolutely blew the doors off Temple last Saturday at Heinz Field. It was 31-7 at halftime, and the game was never in doubt. This was a big win for the Panthers, who now head in to Notre Dame looking to shock the world and ruin the Irish’s season.
- South Florida: Despite South Florida losing six games in a row, I still have them ahead of two teams in the conference because of the type of ballgames they have had this season. In the six game losing streak, the largest margin of defeat was 13 points to Florida State, while three of the games were by four points or less. The Bulls should be able to break their losing streak this weekend though when they host the Connecticut Huskies.
- Temple: The Owls are in a free fall following two straight blowout losses in conference. The Owls never had a chance last weekend against Pittsburgh, and are really starting to falter down the stretch in this Big East season. This weekend doesn’t get any easier for the Cardinals however, as they head to Louisville for what will more than likely be another slaughtering.
- Connecticut: The Huskies have established themselves as the worst team in the conference, and it really isn’t even close. I think it is very possible for Connecticut to lose out for the rest of the season, finishing on a seven game losing streak and would make them win less in the conference this year. Their best chance to get a win is this weekend against South Florida, and if it doesn’t happen the Huskies could be in grave danger of a miserable end to their season.