Love Syracuse players but get bored following the NBA? Not a problem! Every Wednesday we will update you on all the Syracuse players in the NBA, and give you their weekly statistics all basketball season long.
- Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks- ‘Melo is coming off of his season high last night in Brooklyn, putting out 45 in the Knicks’ three point win over the nets. Carmelo is now averaging 27.7 points per game for the first place team in the east, and has a lot of talking heads in the media advocating him as an early season MVP front runner.
- Hakim Warrick, New Orleans Hornets- Hakim has bounced around a few teams this season, and just can’t seem to find a home for himself. The seven year veteran is averaging just 3 points per game, and isn’t getting much playing time. Warrick is on his second team of the season already, starting the season off in Charlotte.
- Wesley Johnson, Phoenix Suns- Wes is still fitting in to his new team, and has only played more than ten minutes in a game once so far this season. Despite having a very frustrating start to the season, there is a lot of year left and he can still find his groove over the course of the season.
- Kris Joseph, Boston Celtics- Kris has seen action in three games as a rookie so far this season. He started the year off down in the developmental league, but has since worked his way on to the Celtics’ roster. Joesph was a four year player at Syracuse, and his work ethic has shown as he has earned himself some minutes on a contender in the East.
- Dion Waiters, Cleveland Cavaliers- Dion is averaging 15.2 points per game for the Cavs in his rookie season. While his shooting percentage could be better, he has without a doubt proven that he can be apart of the core of the Cavs with Kyrie Irving going forward.