Syracuse looks to cement their spot in postseason play this Saturday as they travel to Columbia, Missouri to take on the Missouri Tigers from the SEC. Syracuse is coming off a win over Louisville, while Missouri is coming off of an overtime win over Tennessee. The game will be aired on ESPNU. Here are some points about the series between the two teams:
- Syracuse is undefeated in the only two meetings the two teams have had with each other. The Orange beat the Tigers on back to back seasons in 1986 and 1987 in previous games.
- Syracuse is 9-7 in games played on November 17.
- Current Syracuse assistant Rob Moore played in the game in 1987 against the Tigers. The Orange edged Missouri in that game 24-13. Moore caught a 71 yard touchdown pass from Donny McPherson in the game.
- Syracuse is 11-10-1 all-time against SEC teams. The one tie was because of a coward by the name of Pat Dye at Auburn, who was afraid of losing to the Orange in the Sugar Bowl so he kicked a tie.
- Both teams are looking to become bowl eligible. If Missouri should lose, their finale against Alabama is a must win game. If Syracuse should falter, they would head to Temple for their last chance at a bowl.
- Four of Missouri’s five losses have come to teams ranked in the top 12 nationally. Welcome to the SEC.
While Missouri has had one brutal schedule, Syracuse is very capable of winning this game. Syracuse hasn’t been the greatest team on the road this season, but despite that they have been in every game they have lost away from the Carrier Dome this season. Syracuse is currently a 4.5 point underdog, which is completely expected since they are on the road at a very hostile venue. Missouri is a good team, but they are more than capable of being defeated.