Syracuse hosts the undefeated Louisville Cardinals in the Dome Saturday at 12:00 on ABC. Bob Wischusen and and Danny Kanell are on the call in the announcers booth. Here are some interesting points about this game:
- Saturday is senior day for 15 players and 3 team managers: Lou Alexander, Zack Chibane, Carl Cutler, Siriki Diabate, Deon Goggins, James Jarrett, Alec Lemon, Ryan Lichtenstein, Ryan Nassib, Marcus Sales, Brandon Sharpe, David Stevens, Shamarko Thomas, Dan Vaughn, Josh Evans, Darius Rose, and Aaron Rudy.
- Louisville leads the all-time series 6-5. Surprisingly enough, two of those five losses for the Cardinals came during the Greg Robinson era.
- The first time these two teams ever met was in Tokyo, Japan in 1989. This was the only time Syracuse played outside of the United States, and won the game 24-13.
- The overall score for the series is 242-242.
- Syracuse has lost three in a row to the Cardinals, making Doug Marrone winless against Louisville in his Syracuse career.
- Syracuse is 13-4 all-time on November 10 games, including winning six of their previous eight on this date.
This is an absolutely critical game for Syracuse as they look to avoid making a game at Missouri next week a must-win for a bowl game. If Syracuse can pull this one out on Saturday, they will control their own destiny as they will have two cracks at a bowl game the rest of the season, and will be favored in one of them (at Temple). If there were ever a time for a 2011 West Virginia type of performance, this weekend in the Dome is that time. I think fan support should be pretty good for the Orange, and although Louisville is undefeated I absolutely beleive this is a game the Orange can win. Louisville has let a lot of teams hang around with them this season, and that trend should continue Saturday. Once again the Orange are going to have to limit mistakes and keep penalty yardage low, but we have seen that Syracuse is capable of not shooting themselves in the foot so they can hang with this team.