Each Tuesday, Inside the Loud House will release it’s Big East power rankings. Check back each week to see where teams have risen or fallen each week.
- Louisville: The Cardinals are coming off of a dramatic come from behind victory over a struggling South Florida team. The fortitude shown by this team in such a tough game absolutely shows they can win a Big East Championship. The Cardinals host Cincinnati next.
- Rutgers: I have been very difficult on the Scarlet Knights are season long because of their weak schedule but I have to admit that last week’s dominant victory over Temple impressed me. The Scarlet Knights did absolutely nothing in the first half against the Owls before exploding for 35 in the second half. The half of dominance included a blocked punt and everything clicking on offense. Rutgers has a couple easy games against Kent State and Army before diving back in to Big East play on November 17.
- Syracuse: The Orange are coming off of their most dominant win of the season. Syracuse left little doubt as to who was the better team against Connecticut, and kept the fight for postseason football alive. The Orange head to South Florida Saturday in a game that will be absolutely critical to the hopes of their season.
- Cincinnati: The Bearcats are coming off of a frustrating loss to Toledo in a game that they may have overlooked in lieu of their match up with Louisville this Friday. While the loss was frustrating for the Bearcats, they are still without a doubt in the thick of things for the Big East Championships with a win over the Cardinals. A bad loss and a dominant Syracuse win in the same week are what put the Orange ahead for the time being.
- Temple: Temple fans are still scratching their heads following a game that was the tale of two halves last weekend with Rutgers. In the first half, the Owls had all the momentum, gaining a ten point lead. In the second half, the wheels fell off and Rutgers prevailed in a blowout. The Owls are still 2-1, and desperately need a victory at Pittsburgh this weekend to keep their championship hopes alive. A loss would put the team under .500, and could begin to doom the Owls for postseason play.
- Pittsburgh: The Panthers are coming off an expected victory over the Buffalo Bulls. The game was on the road, but the talent differential is not impressive enough to move them up in the rankings. However, a win over temple this weekend could definitely help their case.
- South Florida: The Bulls lost their fifth consecutive game last weekend, losing a heart breaker to Louisville by two points. The Bulls are in desperation mode, as they have to win four out of their last five games in order to make a bowl game. A game against a beatable team in Syracuse can help put the Bulls back on track if they are going to make a push for a bowl game. Quarterback BJ Daniels is a talented quarterback, and is very capable of putting up big numbers as he did last season against the Orange.
- Connecticut: Connecticut fans have pretty much lost hope for this season. Coach Paul Pasqualoni had a rough homecoming back to Syracuse, dropping the game 40-10 in an absolute blowout for their third loss in a row. The Huskies have a bye week to lick their wounds before making a push to win three of their final four games to get to .500 on the season.