I did this last week for the Pittsburgh series and I’ve decided I like it. As a result, each week you can expect a bunch of tid bits about each Syracuse opponent in the week leading up to the game. Here is a look at the series between Syracuse and Rutgers:
- Syracuse holds a 30-11-1 recod against the Scarlet Knights. The Orange have a 2:1 ratio of wins over Rutgers since the Big East formed, and that has held true over the past three seasons as the Orange came out victorious in 2009 and 2010 before losing in double overtime last season.
- The Orange have broke the school record for sacks in a game twice against Rutgers with 9 in both 1990 and 2010.
- Syracuse has gon 9-5 at Rutgers, with the last road loss to the Scarlet Knights coming in the final season of the Greg Robinson disaster.
- The Scarlet Knights are quite unfortunate indeed my friends, as Syracuse dominates games on October 13 with a 10-6 record. I’m not sure why we are even playing this game.
- Rutgers has a slim margin in the PPG, with the Knights averaging 25.4 to Syracuse’s 24.4, despite Syracuse averaging 80 yards more offense per game (451.0 to 371.8)
- A Syracuse victory would be Syracuse’s 693rd victory, putting the football program in the top 15 all-time in college football.
- Eamon McAnaney will be on the play by play call for the Big East Network, while David Diaz-Infante will be the color analyst.
- The only schools Syracuse has played more than Rutgers are Boston College, West Virginia, Colgate, Pittsburgh, and Penn State.
Here’s to hoping Doug Marrone moves to 3-1 against New Jersey’s college team! Check back throughout the week for more information, previews, and predictions.